- Lack of Communication — communication is at the foundation of any healthy relationship. When couples stop talking or stop sharing details of their lives with each other, there’s a problem. Suspicions and resentment start to brew. If there’s an issue, talk it out, don’t hold on to grudges or anger.
- Lack of Trust — distrusting your partner is one of the fastest ways to ruin a relationship. Lack of trust leads to unnecessary fights and friction and can cause a disaster where there’s none. Trusting your partner gives you peace of mind, and if there are any inconsistencies you need to address, COMMUNICATE. Instead of allowing seeds of doubt to grow in your heart, talk to them, hear them out.
- Taking them for granted — the excitement and appreciation you felt for your partner at the beginning of the relationship should never be lost. Taking it for granted that your partner will always be there no matter what can lead to you losing that relationship. Appreciate them always. The value you place on your partner will determine how you treat them.
- Lying — better to be upfront and honest and stand a chance to be forgiven than for you to be caught lying and ruin any chances of forgiveness. Don’t lie to your partner, when you lie they start to be suspicious of you and they don’t trust you. And that’s never healthy for the relationship. If you have made a mistake, the best thing is to be open about it, rather than lie and make the situation worse.
- Bringing In A Third Party — keep your relationship between you and your partner. Everyone doesn’t have to hear everything that’s going on in your relationship. There might be reason sometimes to involve friends in relationship matters, but don’t make it a habit. As much as possible, try to resolve your issues within the relationship without involving external parties, cos they are bound to take sides.
What other habits can ruin a relationship?